Housing and Residence Life

Housing and Residence Life
Piedmont/Tidewater Hall Ground Floor
Phone: 703-993-2720 (Main Office Number)
Web: housing.gmu.edu

The university offers a variety of housing options to meet the diverse needs of undergraduate and graduate students living on the Fairfax and SciTech campuses. Undergraduate students may choose from suites and apartments with most of our first-year population living in traditional style housing. Room rates are subject to approval on an annual basis by the Board of Visitors. Rates for the 2024-2025 academic year should be available on or before May 1. Please refer to the Housing and Residence Life website for the proposed 2024-2025 housing rate information found here. All students who complete housing application must provide a non-refundable $150 application fee. All first-year students are expected to reside on campus or submit an exemption request. The website provides extensive information about housing programs and services and includes floor plans for most student rooms.

Students living on campus are required to sign a full academic-year agreement. Releases from the agreement are granted on a case-by-case basis and may involve a financial penalty. Details of the agreement release process can be found on the website here. For more information, contact Housing and Residence Life a housing@gmu.edu.
Our Residential Learning Communities (RLCs) are intentional groups of students living together with a common academic, interest or identity theme. These are collaborative partnerships between academic departments, faculty, campus partners and Housing & Residence Life. For more information, please visit the housing website. If you have any questions about RLCs, please contact us at masonlc@gmu.edu

Mason Dining

Mason Dining
Southside Dining Hall, First Floor
Phone: 703-993-3300
Web: dining.gmu.edu

Mason Dining is proud to serve the Mason community with over 20+ restaurants, kiosks and carts among the Mason Square, Fairfax, and Science and Technology campuses. Southside and Ike's, located on the Fairfax campus, offers extensive menus with the highest quality ingredients and seasonal produce. Mason Dining is committed to nutrition, wellness, and sustainability.

Meal Plans and Mason Money

Meal Plan & Mason Money
Student Union I, Room 1203
Phone: 703-993-2870
Web: masondining.sodexomyway.com/meal-plans or masoncard.gmu.edu/mason-money/

Both resident meal plans and optional meal plans (Patriot and Dining Dollar Plans) are available for students to purchase. These plans allow for tax-exempt dining and are billed to the student account. Most students living on campus are required to participate in the resident meal plan program. Meal plan policies and prices are available on the website.

Mason Money is a declining balance of funds which can be accessed with the Mason ID. It's accepted at various venues on campus and also with participating merchants off campus. Funds can be deposited online or at the Mason Money office.

Parking Services

Fairfax Campus, Sandy Creek Parking Office
Phone: 703-993-2710

Mason Square (formerly Arlington Campus), 219 Van Metre Hall
Phone: 703-993-8146

Science and Technology Campus, 112 Colgan Hall

Phone: 703-993-4808

Web: transportation.gmu.edu

Students who park their vehicles on university property must register them with Parking Services and pay a fee for a parking permit. Permits are available on a semester, or summer basis. For permit sales, fine payments, special requests, or problems, go to any Parking Services Office. Most services are available on-line. The Fairfax Campus Sandy Creek Parking Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed for lunch 12pm to 1pm. See the website for current information and rates.