Graduate International Pathways to master's degrees in Health and Human Services
INTO Mason provides five Graduate International Pathways for international students to enter various graduate degrees in the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) at George Mason University. The pathways give students the academic foundation, essential language skills, and cultural knowledge to successfully move on to their master's degree programs. For most students, enrolling in a Graduate International Pathway will add one or two additional semesters to their overall master's degree program.
The following are the available Graduate International Pathways at INTO Mason to degrees in the College of Health and Human Services at GMU:
- Global Health
- Health Informatics
- Health Systems Management
- Social Work
The following are the types of pathways available:
- One Term pathways (Accelerated): These pathways lead students through their first semester of graduate school. Upon completion of all matriculation requirements, students will move on to their degree-seeking program often with several graduate credits completed as determined by the graduate degree program. Four of the five CHHS pathways have one-term options available (all except Social Work).
- Two Term pathways (Standard): These pathways lead students through their first semester of graduate school. Upon completion of all matriculation requirements, students will move on to their degree-seeking program often with several graduate credits completed as determined by the graduate degree program. All five CHHS pathways have two-term options available.
Graduate International Pathways are designed for international students who:
- Need further English language development. Students who require a moderate amount of English language support can enter all available International Pathways to strengthen their language proficiency and ensure their long-term academic success
- Fall short of meeting the minimum GPA or admission test score requirements
- Need to improve study skills for success in their chosen field of study
- Any or all of the above
Administered through INTO Mason in partnership with the academic units across the university, the courses in each Graduate International Pathway are taught by highly qualified Mason instructional faculty members and supported by International Pathways academic advisors.
Students enrolled in any Graduate International Pathway should review the program's student guidebook for specific details related to program requirements and expectations.